Monday, January 24, 2011

Satisfied

Lately it's really been hitting me that nothing else in this world will ever satisfy me, but Jesus. I know that sounds so cliche, but is has never been so true to me. Over the break I found myself trying to satisfy myself with hanging out with a guy, but of course this guy didn't satisfy my heart. We were created to have wholes in our hearts that only Jesus can fill. People have longings in their hearts and instead they look to the world to fulfill their longings, but really their hearts are crying out for something real and true- Jesus Christ! In Superman the movie there is a line that Superman says that gets me every time, "You say the world doesn't need a Savior but I hear them crying for one everyday." Dang!! I don't think people realize their deepest desire for something real, but it is definitely present in every person's heart. There's a song that says, "Crying for love, dying for truth, my generation is aching for you." The very depths of our soul ache for our true Daddy. The Creator of the Universe loves us so much that he decorated the skies, he painted the sunrise, he placed sparkling wonders in the sky at night, he chose to live in our hearts, and He gave his only son so that we could live. Wow, why do we choose to deny Him over and over again? Because, our flesh desires the things of this world. So, every morning you have to choose to die to your flesh, so that we can glorify and seek the ONE TRUE GOD! Only Jesus will truly satisfy!
With all Sincerity and love,
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment